The actual meaning of dentures is false teeth and is used up when a tooth is extracted to fill the hollow portion of the missing teeth so that the facial appearance remains intact. These dentures can be done in order to replace one tooth or a whole set of teeth. Generally, these dentures are removable in nature and therefore easy to use. Sometimes they can be created permanently too. The fitting is done with experts so that the person does not have any problem while eating or talking. There are basically two categories of dentures and they are based on whether they are being used to replace mandibular arch or the maxillary arch.
How Dentures can be Beneficial
Dentures can help the patients in the following ways:
- Chewing ability is increased of the patient, which gets formerly hampered due to the extraction of tooth.
- The presence of teeth gives a normal look to the face, which gets destroyed in the absence of one or more teeth. Dentures again replace the normal perfection of the place.
- Due to the absence of teeth, pronunciation can be hampered a lot but if dentures are taken, then it enables the patient to speak better. Therefore, the patient will be able to bring back the long lost confidence that he or she had been craving for.
Types of dentures:
- Removable partial dentures- This is for the patients who are missing some of the teeth Metaldenture.jpg on a specific arch. Fixed partial dentures also termed as crown and bridge dentures are made from crowns that are fitted on the remaining teeth. They are Flexitedenture.jpg made up of materials which somewhat resemble the missing teeth. Though fixed bridges are more expensive, they are stronger and stable too. They are more advantageous than metal dentures as because these look more teeth like.
- Complete/ Full dentures: denture.jpg In order to have the procedures done there needs to be several processes. At first the condition are checked by the dentist in order to check the condition of the gum and the ridges. Then the tooth fittings are seen in order to have the dentures made. One made, the mouth is washed and cleansed properly in order to set the dentures in the proper manner in to the gums so that it fits in the best manner. Lastly, there are some instructions that are given by the dentist that must be followed to take care of the dentures.
- Implant dentures- In case of implant dentures, the dentures are fixed after an implantation of the healthy tissue that will surround it. At first, the tissues are implanted form donor site to the receptor site and then on it the dentures are fixed. This is more advantageous than normal dentures as because these dentures are stronger than they are
- and there are healthy newer tissues surrounding the dentures. People need implant dentures when the tissues surrounding the extracted tooth are subject to infection and cavity in any way.